Do you recall the characters from the Wizard of Oz?
They all thought something was missing from their lives and they just had to find the missing piece …
- Dorothy dreamed of finding her way home to Kansas
- The Tin Man thought he would be happy if he only had a heart
- The Scarecrow believed he would be happy when he had a brain
- The Cowardly lion thought he would find happiness with some courage
Just as a lot of us do, they all were looking for answers outside of themselves. And is most often the case, all we need is already is within our reach.
The characters in the Wizard of Oz thought they didn’t have what they needed to be happy.
In case you need a gentle reminder from your friendly wizard about what it takes to get unstuck, joyful, courageous, and confident, here are a few things to think about:
- When you can’t find your true self and feel lost, clear your mind of limiting thoughts. Open yourself us to the answers that are deep within you. The more open you are to receiving the answers, the more of your authentic self will be uncovered. Sometimes you may need the help of a wise wizard to get you on your way.
- Fear is a limiting emotion when it keeps you stuck thinking the same negative thoughts about what you can or cannot do. Start with baby steps until you are comfortable taking larger steps that will get the results you want.
- Live your dream. You dream is uniquely yours. No one can take away your dream or live it. If you know deep inside there is something you want to do, you may need the support of a coach or trusted friend to help you sort out all the pieces.
- Think positive, affirming thoughts to ward off negativity and doubt about what you are capable of doing.
Remember, the only thing that kept Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow from getting what they wanted was their own thoughts. Change how you think and the solutions you desire will be evident.
What thoughts are holding you back from finding your way home?
Share your thoughts, observations, and comments…I would love to hear from you.
Gladys Anderson, founder of Coach for YOUR Dreams, is a certified life coach, licensed marriage and family therapist, writer and speaker. Gladys combines years of experience, training and a genuine commitment to helping nurses, therapists, teachers and other caregivers balance the many demands on their time and energy, create boundaries that shift balance from overwhelm to energized, and live their lives with courage, confidence and clarity.