Most of us can use a little push, from time to time, to help us shift our mood and lift our spirits when we’re bored, drained, and sluggish.
While your energy level might be low and you feel unmotivated, you don’t have to stay that way!
Here are some easy tips you can follow to give yourself a boost to inspire, encourage and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit:
- Start a gratitude journal. Write down 5 things you are grateful for each day. Showing appreciation for the things you already have keeps you from dwelling on lack and scarcity.
- Try out a new hairdo – nothing perks you up like a new “do” to uplift your spirits
- Listen to some up-tempo music – this is not the time for ballads and blues – you want inspiration, not something to put you down in the dumps.
- Visit a walk-in salon and get a manicure, pedicure or facial to rejuvenate you.
- Re-connect with a friend or neighbor to enjoy a cup of coffee or soothing up of tea.
- Put on your dancing shoes – go dancing with someone who likes to dance. A salsa or Zumba class is a great activity to get you moving and at the same time have some fun.
- Go to your local library – select a good inspirational book, sit quietly and read for an hour or borrow a comedic video to enjoy at home in your favorite chair with your feet up.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood – Carry a camera with you as you walk around your neighborhood to capture memorable moments. You might be pleasantly surprised at the things you miss while driving.
- Write down your thoughts, ideas and musings in an attractive journal so you’ll have a record of all the great ideas you come up with.
- Browse your bookshelf or magazine rack – There just might be a book or magazine there you’ve been meaning to read. Select one and immerse yourself in it for an hour.
And, if you would like more inspiration and motivation tips, I invite you to become a member of our Self-Care Circle and get your free audios of 7 Daily Self-Care Tips to Renew Your Body, Soul and Spirit http://7dailyselfcaretips.com
Gladys M. Anderson is a certified life coach, licensed marriage & family therapist, consultant, workshop facilitator and author of the soon to be published book, “Master the Genie Within”. She coaches women in the art of saying no and how to protect their precious time and energy by setting strong boundaries to create a uniquely crystal clear vision for the satisfying careers and relationships they truly want. In her spare time, Gladys loves to travel and experience new and exciting adventures. She is an amateur genealogist, avid reader, loves “techy” stuff, and enjoys reading mystery novels.